My friend Kevin Henry does a great job covering the current state of dental industry shows and events as well as the efforts to improve them. So, I won’t go into great detail on that here. I believe there is value for both dentists and product/service providers at dental trade shows. If we work together as an industry we can improve them and build even greater value. As powerful as the various social media are, they are still not a substitute for live, face-to-face, human interaction. With that said, here’s a look forward to the 2013 dental industry show slate. If you’re going to any show next year, make sure it is one of these:
- January 17 – 19: NADL Vision 21 in Las Vegas, NV
- February 21 – 23: Chicago Mid-Winter Meeting & LMT LAB DAY Chicago in, well, of course, Chicago, IL
- March 12 – 16: International Dental Show in Cologne, Germany. This is the show of dental shows. The IDS is held every other year, and if you’ve never gone, make 2013 the year you go. This show is the home of dental product innovation, and every major player is there to exhibit the future of dentistry – from Amann Girrbach to Zirc and everyone in between.
- April 17 – 20: Townie Meeting in Las Vegas, NV. Go for the dancing, stay for the top-notch speakers & attendees.
- April 24 – 27: AACD Annual Meeting in Seattle, WA
- May 4 – 7: AAO Annual Session in Philadelphia, PA
- September 28 – October 1: AAP Annual Meeting, back to Philadelphia, PA
- October 31 – November 2: ADA Annual Session and Halloween in New Orleans, LA
- November 29 – December 4: Greater New York Dental Meeting in New York, NY. Recently the GNYDM and Inside Dental Technology announced a special program for dentists and technicians called Collaboration 2013. According to the announcement, “Collaboration 2013 will occupy a section of next year’s GNYDM with specialized education, exhibits, demonstrations, digital dentistry, and technology features that will engage technicians and dentists side-by-side in an integrated, hands-on experience.” For this program alone, GNYDM 2013 makes my list.
There you have it, your 2013 list of the must-attend dental shows all wrapped up for you just in time for the holidays. If you’re planning to attend any dental trade show next year, make sure it is one of these.
Did I miss one? Please let me know. I look forward to your comments and additions to the list.