It has been a busy summer, both for “the show” and for the dental industry as a whole. Here on the site, I launched my 5 Questions With… series. I’ve also started sharing select content with my friends over at DentalTown. And much has been going on in the dental industry. Here are several notable news items which you may have missed during your own hectic summer season.
- Isolite Systems moved into a new facility, allowing for consolidated operations and future expansion capabilities.
- 3Shape received the King Frederik IX’s Award. This Royal Danish award was bestowed to honor the company’s success in developing global exports of its high-tech solutions for the dental and hearing aid industries.
- I mentioned DentalTown earlier. The folks over at REALscore announced they have partnered with the Townie Perks program. Through their partnership, Townies will get a 20% discount on REALscore’s suite of demographic and location reporting, analysis, and consulting services.
- Larell One Step Denture will be in the Patterson booth at the ADA 2014 Annual Session in San Antonio, TX. They have also recently announced product availability in Canada.
- SolutionStart announced a new service for clients – Technical Risk Assessments. The assessments help dental practices to evaluate their thoroughness of compliance and adherence to Health & Human Services regulatory guidelines.
- Straumann has been quite active. Not only did they forge a new partnership with ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, but also they have announced a number of strategic investments, including MegaGen, RODO Medical, and Biodenta.
- And Biodenta is gearing up for its 2nd annual Global Symposium event. Mark your calendars for April 23 – 24, 2015, and contact them directly for more details.
As usual in the dental industry, I’m sure the fall will be busier than the summer. I’ll be at the Greater New York meeting and hope to see you there. In the mean time, if you have your own dental news to share, please let me know. I’d be happy to post it in a future roundup.